The Lighting Designer is a well-rounded, experienced, and forward-thinking leader. This professional will be responsible for designing and managing their own projects, from concept to completion, while lending their experience and talents to the other team members where needed. Ready to work in a very collaborative, open-office environment – a true team player and dedicated creative personality committed to following-through on his or her own projects on time.
MRD offers a full benefit package, combined with a team oriented working environment. Salary will be commensurate with ability and experience.
* BFA or BA in Lighting Design (architecture) plus up to 4 years experience; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
* 5 years minimum of professional experience in the field of architectural lighting design. Theatrical lighting design background and experience is a plus but is not mandatory.
* Experience of working directly with clients in both creative and administrative capacities (concepts, budgets, modifications as needed that are practical and possible).
* Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD 2007 or newer is mandatory. Revit is a plus.
* Knowledge of Vectorworks, Lightwright, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat. Working experience of AGI32 is a plus.
* Willingness to learn – techniques, processes, latest software and design tools available and as per current industry standard.
* Ability to travel (Domestic and International) as projects require (must have current passport).
Michael Riotto Design, Inc. (MRD) is a unique lighting-design firm based in New York City. Our background includes architectural and entertainment lighting and everything in-between. MRD is known as a turnkey Lighting Design-Build firm, specializing in hospitality, cruise ship, retail, and architainment projects both small and large scale. We are committed to seeing each and every project reach the initial goals set forth through the close collaboration with our clients and ensuring the designs are on budget and on-schedule.