Summit Design and Engineering Services is seeking licensed Land Development Project Managers to work in one of our Triangle offices. The ideal candidates will have 8+ years of experience in the design of land development projects including site plan and construction drawing production including grading, erosion control, site drainage, utilities and storm water management. This position will be responsible for leading a team of civil engineers, civil designers and CAD technicians for residential and commercial land development and land planning projects. Candidates should have a BS in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university with strong proficiency in AutoCad Civil 3D. He/she should be client focused and possess strong communication skills. This position will assure that the project conforms to the commitments Summit has made to the client, and that the project is completed within the schedule and budget assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plans, develops, and coordinates projects with limited supervision
- Proposal preparation
- Establishes budgets and time schedules for proposed work
- Effectively manages and assigns duties and schedules to assigned team members
- Checks all technical work for accuracy
- Exceeds client’s expectations and fosters client relationships by collaboration and problem solving with the client as needed.
- Communicates with clients regularly to provide project status and updates
- Ensures individual and department QA/QC procedures are followed
- Fully permit and secure entitlements of projects including rezoning, special use permits, conditional use permits, site plan approvals and required construction document approvals and permits.
- Leads and mentors assigned staff, including civil designers and CAD technicians assigned to project team to ensure all responsibilities of the designer are carried out and that time is spent efficiently and effectively
- Prepares monthly invoices for assigned projects and reviews and approves sub-consultant invoices
- Business Development by maintaining existing client relationships and acquiring new contacts/clients through attendance to local meetings, workshops and/or social events
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously while meeting project budgets and schedules
- BSCE and Professional Licensure
- 8+ years of experience on various site design projects, retail, commercial, and public sector projects, with experience in residential layouts, planning and engineering
- Specific design experience required with site layout, grading, storm drainage, stormwater management, utilities, and erosion control
- Familiarity with entitlement processes and local permitting regulations
- Experience with technical software including AutoCad Civil 3D 2015 or newer, Hydraflow StormSewers/Hydrographs/Express Extensions, WaterCAD, and Microsoft Excel is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective collaboration skills
- Team Player with willingness to adapt and learn new responsibilities and tasks
- Project Management background