Assists the Operations Manager in the administration, maintenance, and management of all terminal operations and personnel in a cost efficient manner for both import terminals in Houston. Works under general supervision with specified directives, policies and procedures. Refers to supervisor when faced with unusual problems. Exercises direct supervision over the terminal Supervisors, operations, maintenance program, security, and personnel.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists Operations Manager in the management responsibilities for all terminal personnel including hiring, training, supervising, scheduling and assigning duties.
• Supervises and/or participates in loading bulk trucks, hopper cars, and barges. Coordinates, maintains, and operates a computerized loading system for each.
• Supervises and/or participates in the unloading of cement from ships, hopper cars, bulk trucks and barging activities in a cost effective and safe manner. Coordinates, maintains, and operates a computerized unloading system for each
• Plans, supervises and participates in the preventive maintenance program for all terminal equipment and maintains a maintenance history database for all equipment. Directly responsible for the repair of the terminal equipment and emergency repairs of terminal equipment Insures that all terminal buildings and grounds are maintained and kept in a clean and presentable condition. . Works with company maintenance/purchasing/inventory software systems.
• Directly monitors security of the terminal property and works with the Facility Security Officer (FSO) as an Alternate Facility Security Officer (AFSO) to ensure all aspects of the Facility Security Plan (FSP) are administered and followed.
• Directly oversees the purchase of parts and supplies for the terminal in a cost effective manner. Maintains appropriate inventory levels of all spare parts and consumables.
• Maintains proper certifications for state inspectors, marine, and USCG authorities.
• Plays a lead role in the terminal safety program, enforces safety guidelines and regulations to promote a safe working environment, and works with the plant/corporate safety manager to ensure the terminals are up to date on all new safety regulations.
• Assists in the preparation of a written report on a weekly basis concerning inventory levels, maintenance activities, and any problems or concerns with regard to terminal operations.
• Works directly with HCC DockOps in the coordination of layberth activities at both docks.
• Works with the Operations Manager to assist and become familiar with dredging activities, budgeting, CAPEX projects, inbound ocean freight, and associated ocean shipping details.
• Works closely with the Logistics Manager to assure cement deliveries are unloaded into the proper silo/dome, day bin inventories are adequate, and outbound sales are loaded from designated silos/bins