Position Open: April 19, 2017
Position Close: Until filled
Clark Nexsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen, Inc.
Must apply online through corporate website at www.clarknexsen.com.
Clark Nexsen is a national architecture and engineering firm focused on creating innovative design solutions for U.S. and global clients. We are passionate about our work and are prominently ranked on numerous industry lists. Building Design + Construction ranks Clark Nexsen as a Top 20 architecture and engineering firm and we have been named to the Architect 50 list of top U.S. firms for the past four years. Our culture supports the pursuit of excellence to engage and inspire the best professionals.
Our firm is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, with 450 employees in office locations in Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, and Texas. We offer outstanding compensation, benefits, and growth opportunities in a positive work environment. We believe we can create a better world through our work. Giving back is also a guiding philosophy. As a company and as individuals, we proudly volunteer and give back to the surrounding communities where we live and work.
Generous benefits: Health, Dental, 401k, Short and Long term Disability, Vacation/Sick leave, Aflac, Flexible benefits, and Legal Resources benefits are available.
We seek to hire an Electrical Engineer PE to work in our Macon, GA office who will be responsible for performing, directing and supervising all aspects of electrical engineering on multi-discipline building design projects of moderate to large scope for commercial and government facilities.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing all aspects of electrical engineering design as a lead engineer, including Conceptual Studies, Program Requirements, Design Analyses, Calculations, Equipment selection and layout, and System selection and layout for building design and site electrical utilities
- Meeting with clients (internal and external) to prepare and/or validate proposed scope of services
- Directing and supervising the work of EIT’s assigned to the project, particularly where engineering judgment on the part of the EIT is exercised and unusual or difficult problems are encountered
- Obtain guidance from senior engineers and the Department Head as necessary to resolve technical and coordination issues and conflicting criteria
- Complying with the Company’s quality control policies and procedures
- Providing and supervising electrical support services during the bidding process, i.e., preparing addenda and amendments as required
- Performing and supervising electrical construction phase services including representing the firm on-site, answering RFI’s, reviewing shop drawings, and preparing record drawings.
- Working with, responding to, and taking direction from Project Managers, Managing Principals, Design Principals, Department Directors, and senior management
- Participate in team meetings and coordinating efforts with other team members
- Directing, supervising and training junior electrical staff as directed
- Mentoring and monitoring the professional development of junior electrical staff
Project responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform Senior Engineer tasks as directed
- Serve in the role of Design Manager on projects as assigned
- Preparing scope and fee proposals for the electrical portion of multi-discipline projects or single-discipline, electrical-only projects
- Conduct project code analysis for review by the Project Engineer
- Selection and layout of the building electrical systems, including consideration of alternative systems
- Preparing accurate, complete, and code-compliant drawings and specifications for schematic, design development, and construction document submittals.
- Develop details of electrical system components
- Reviewing calculations and work products produced by EIT’s assigned to the project
- Reviewing all work products produced by support staff assigned to the project
- Develop discipline specifications for review by the Senior Engineer
- Coordinate work product with other disciplines
- Incorporate responses to QC and Gray Team comments into the project documents
- Assist in responding to RFI’s, Dr. Check comments, etc.
- Review and respond to CA submittals
- Perform discipline QA/QC review on assigned projects
- Adhere to project budget and schedule