- Develop sponsorship sales plan.
- Develop marketing materials to support sales effort.
- Match SME sponsorship opportunities to customer requirements, and needs.
- Manage client relationships.
- Invoice, collect and process sponsorship payments.
- Track revenue received.
- Fulfill sales promises to sponsors.
- Thank and recognize sponsors.
- Serve on teams associated with advertising, exhibits and sponsorships sales to ensure a coordinated effort.
- Assist with event execution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Two to four years’ in association or sponsorship.
- Minimum two years’ experience interpreting sales performance.`
- Strong negotiation and clear communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to sell and market to corporations and members of the Society.
- Ability to thrive and work effectively as part of a small team in a fast-paced and rapidly growing program, in addition to remaining self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and donor management software.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve, and multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrate prospect research experience.
- Ability to build rapport with donors, volunteers, and the public with diplomacy, discretion, and customer-service orientation.
- Essential to have intellectual curiosity and a strong interest in the SME’s mission.
The above qualifications and requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position.
All applications must contain a cover letter expressing why the candidate is interested in this particular position which includes how his/her experience is relative to the duties outlined in the positions, salary requirements and a resume. Applications must be sent as one electronic document to email@example.com. No relocation expenses provided.
A staff of 50 enjoys benefits including health, dental and life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and a generous 401-K plan. For more information about SME, please visit our website: www.smenet.org