RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation's top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
We are currently seeking a Senior Drainage Engineer for the Transportation-Infrastructure Practice.
From managed toll lanes and long-range corridor plans, to complex segmental bridges, our teams are working in the field and in the office while providing the highest quality infrastructure and facility solutions. Each day, we partner with transportation agencies and local governments across the country to keep our communities moving. By joining our team, you too can provide unique expertise in the full life cycle of transportation delivery, and lead the evolution of transportation.
The Senior Drainage Engineer will be responsible for project management; drainage analysis, design and production; bridge hydraulic analysis as well as environmental permitting in accordance with FDOT, SFWMD, local municipality and local drainage district standards, criteria, and accepted practices.
Additional responsibilities will include leading and assisting in marketing and proposal efforts; working on a variety of projects with different clients including, but not limited to, FDOT District Four, FDOT District Six, City of Miami Capital Improvements Program, and Broward County Aviation Department; as well as mentoring, training, and/or supervising junior engineers and engineer interns.
Core Competencies :
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of 12 year s prior work experience in drainage analysis and design
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Advanced level of technical writing and communication skills required for technical reports and proposals
- Significant experience working on projects with FDOT District Four and/or FDOT District Six
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of project management, marketing, and team-building preferred
- Intermediate to advanced experience of roadway and traffic control plan design, utility coordination, environmental permitting, and/or PD&E
- Advanced knowledge of Microstation, Geopak, AdICPR, ASAD or Geopak Drainage, and HEC-RAS
- Knowledge of ArcGIS and AutoCAD software preferred
- Design-Build and Owner's Rep experience preferred
In addition to the position's skills, education and experience requirements, the following RS&H competencies are considered foundational to understanding performance, now and in the future.
• Change Orientation
• Client Focus
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.