Locations: Immediate Openings in Charlotte, NC and Orlando, FL
- Candidate must have a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering. Candidates with a Master of Science in Civil Engineering will be given preferential consideration.
- A strong geotechnical academic background and EI certificate are preferred.
- Candidate should have an appreciation and understanding for consulting work and be able to work independently.
- Previous experience in geotechnical or foundation aspects of civil engineering is advantageous.
- Candidate must have good writing and communication skills.
- Candidate will be responsible for performing dynamic testing of driven piles and drilled shafts at construction sites using a Pile Driving Analyzer (PDA) system and the CAPWAP® program. Testing locations will be primarily in the regional office area, though testing could occur in other parts of the USA as well as in other countries, including offshore oil platforms.
- Candidate will also perform other field tests including Low Strain Integrity Testing (PIT), Crosshole Sonic Logging (CSL), Thermal Integrity Profiling (TIP), and static load testing of drilled shafts, augered cast-in-place piles and similar foundations.
- Candidate will perform wave equation analysis utilizing the GRLWEAP program.
- Candidate will undertake analysis of collected data and prepare reports for clients in a timely and accurate manner.
- GRL will train and equip the candidate in the use of all of its testing systems and analysis software, including the PDA, Pile Integrity Tester, Cross Hole Analyzer, Thermal Integrity Profiler, CAPWAP and GRLWEAP.
Level of Supervision
- Candidate will report to the Branch Manager and operate from that Branch Office. Engineers are required to be self-motivated and well-organized in managing client portfolios and requirements.
- Nominal work schedule is eight working hours per day, five days a week. However, as GRL provides a service that must be responsive to the immediate needs of the client, the work schedule can sometimes stretch into the weekends or into extra hours.
- Engineers spend approximately 50% of their time away from the office at construction sites or traveling. With experience, some international and/or offshore work assignments are standard.
- Branch offices in Charlotte, North Carolina and Orlando, Florida
- The deep foundation testing industry is a specialized field in which GRL Engineers is one of the industry leaders in terms of knowledge, skill, innovation and size due to its unique history and connection to some of the founders of modern dynamic testing. Ever since the 1970s the sector has been growing consistently and GRL with it.
- Project engineers are tracked with a view to taking on more responsibility for their own client base or branch office as well as corporate responsibilities.
- GRL maintains a small firm attitude despite the fact that it covers the entire United States and works globally, including offshore. This allows for a collegial and positive atmosphere despite the challenges of its cutting-edge technology and work schedule.
- This is a salaried position with a competitive salary and a generous bonus.
- Benefits: GRL offers medical & dental insurance (covering 75-85% of premiums) as well as long-term disability and life insurance. Following the first year of employment, employees are invited to participate in the corporate 401K and profit-sharing plans.
- GRL Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, or national origin.