- Provides engineering review of development related plans and associated documents for a wide variety of submittals such as pre-applications, conceptual design, final design, technical reports, building plans, etc. for conformance to Town, State and Federal statutes, rules, ordinances, codes and regulations. This includes redlining of project plans and the preparation of comment letters for applicants.
- For projects assigned, serves as the engineering project manager to ensure projects are compliant with Town, Federal and state requirements, ensures reviews are completed in a timely manner, and serves as the primary contact for the applicant.
- Attends various meetings with internal and external customers for purposes such as providing engineering feedback at pre-application meetings, going over plan review issues, and coordinating projects with other divisions/departments.
- Provides front counter customer assistance by answering a wide variety of engineering related inquiries such as drainage and grading requirements or conditions and explaining submittal and approval procedures, providing general research and information, and checking submittals for completeness.
- Performs site visits to verify site conditions, to verify proposed plan designs, and to resolve issues as required.
- Performs occasional engineering design including the preparation of related CAD documents for special Town projects when required.
- Attends various public board and neighborhood meetings outside of normal business hours for the purpose of responding to engineering questions related to proposed development projects.
- Utilizes permitting software to log-in/out assigned projects, track project status, and input comment letters and associated inspection items.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of applicable Town, State and Federal statutes, ordinances, codes, rules and regulations governing engineering.
- Knowledge of engineering practices and principles, complex mathematical and engineering formulas and material testing practices.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware and software.
- Experience using AutoCAD software in civil engineering applications.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety guidelines.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in working within deadlines to complete projects and assignments.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- A Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Five (5) years experience in the civil engineering field related to land development, roadway design, and/or construction including one (1) year at a supervisory level; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the state of Arizona.
- If out of state, must obtain Arizona P.E. registration within 6 months of appointment.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is performed in indoor and outdoor environments.
Directions for Applying
Please make sure your application is complete by filling in the education and work experience sections of the application.
Applications are reviewed as they are received. Job posting will remain open until a sufficient number of applicants have met the minimum requirements and have been scheduled for interviews.
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Oro Valley application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter.
If you experience any difficulties submitting your application please call 1-855-524-5627 for customer support.