Join the team of an innovative and dynamic transportation agency! The San Francisco County Transportation Authority has graduate intern positions for students who are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and excited about making a meaningful contribution to San Francisco's transportation system.
Transportation Authority staff are an energetic and experienced group of planners and engineers working in partnership with local and regional agencies (e.g., San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency, Metropolitan Transportation Commission, etc.) to plan, fund, deliver, and evaluate a wide variety of projects and policies. We also develop and operate an activity-based travel demand model for a wide range of uses, including demand forecasting and policy scenario testing.
Due to the size of our agency and our dedication to learning from each other, interns will have the opportunity to interact with professionals at all levels within the Transportation Authority, from your peers to the senior managers. Transportation Authority staff will work with each intern to develop a program that is tailored to his/her individual strengths and interests, as well as the current needs of our teams.
Internships are paid and can be combined with general research opportunities or research towards a thesis. Past interns have participated in a variety of projects, including:
- Refining San Francisco's activity-based travel demand model
- Developing strategic analysis reports on key transportation policy questions
- Collecting and analyzing data for the Geary and Van Ness bus rapid transit studies
- Conducting studies (e.g., parking, pedestrian LOS, transit reliability) for neighborhood transportation plans
- Mapping data and projects
- Optimizing Freeway corridors through innovative management strategies
- Develop travel demand management projects and apply them to Treasure Island Mobility Management policies and much more...
Please submit a resume and cover letter (indicating where you saw this job posted, the earliest date you can start, and the number of hours a week (minimum 16, maximum 40) you are available via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (415.522.4829), or mail:
San Francisco County Transportation Authority
Attn: Human Resources (Policy and Programming Internship)
1455 Market St., 22nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
Please submit your application by Friday, September 2, 2016 for assured consideration.
Sorry, but we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship for internship positions.