H Cap is a third party recruiter. Working for a large engineering firm in NE Ohio that has been named one of the best places to work in Ohio for two years in a row! They have opportuiites for experienced ODOT inspectors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform all phases of field assignment. Interpret specifications, working drawings and convey intent to the contractor.
• Responsible for all aspects of field inspection, testing, testing coordination, sampling, equipment, and equipment maintenance on assigned project.
• Obtain and record field data, in a legible and organized fashion; as required by the plans, specifications, or project staff. Generate and compile field reports.
• Maintain equipment as required.
• Work with project staff on design changes.
• Communicate with all entities keeping everyone fully informed.
• Record daily installed construction quantities to review payment requests in terms of progress and amount completed to date.
• Understand the public health and safety requirements and be fully trained in the proper safety procedures. • Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant field, or
• Associates Degree (in applicable field), plus 2 years related experience, or
• High School Graduate or equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years related experience.
• Certifications such as compaction, asphalt, concrete, aggregate or others.
• ODOT Construction Inspection Prequalification preferred.
• NICET Highway Construction Level II or Higher Certification preferred.
• Experience with ODOT or municipal inspection preferred.
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions required.
• Must have a satisfactory driving record, criminal background investigation and drug test.
Additional Salary Information: Client pays a competitive wage.
About H Cap Connect (Recruiter)
H Cap Connect is a national recruiting firm that works with engineering firms in NE Ohio. Our goal is to find the best talent and match them with the best opportunities.